You are currently browsing the monthly archive for May 2010.
As y’all know, I really do think Vikings should have ruled the world.
TOM 2010 Finalists
Central Florida Romance Writers is pleased to announce the finalists in the
2010 Touch of Magic contest. Thanks to all the entrants, and to all the
judges whose hard work make this contest a success every year. The list is
in alpha order-we’ll announce placements in June after the final round of
- Jennifer Beane: Promises
- Sue Webb: Scenting Scandal
- Kayla Westra: Lady Knight
Novel with Strong Romantic Elements finalists
- Dawna Rand: Odin’s End
- Bobbye Terry: Coming to Climax
- Sandra Tilley: Call Me Cinderella
- Tamara Hughes: Bewitching the Beast
- Christal Murphy: Awaken the Dragon
- Dawn Wolzein, w/a Dawn Marie Hamilton: Sea Panther
Romantic Suspense finalists
- Jan Jackson: Runaway
- Jean Mason: Buried in Plain Sight
- Anna Sugden: Past, Imperfect
Short Contemporary finalists
- Dani Collins: His Majesty’s Inappropriate Mistress
- Brenda Hammond: Owe My Love
- Cindy Taylor: A Family of Her Own
Single Title finalists
- Stephanie Faris: The Get Him System
- Dale Mayer: Hide-n-Go Seek
- Robin Weaver: Book Learning
Young Adult finalists
- Peter Andrews: Dream Crafters
- Tracy St. Hilaire: Fifteen Forever
- Bec Sampson: Alli’s Playground
Well, just got word that Odin’s End – my little tale of the last throes of the Vikings – has finaled in the Mainstream with Strong Romantic Elements category of the Central Florida Romance Writers Touch of Magic Contest.
Barbarian hotness does it again!
Final placement is still TBD.
The irony? I was a judge in that contest for another category. LOL!!!
More on that as it becomes available. But until then, I’ll be presenting my first workshop for the Dallas Area Romance Authors called The Art of Extroversion: Get Seen, Get Noticed, Get Results.
Nobody ever believes me when I tell them – but I’m horribly shy. So I’m hoping a few people show up, and that I won’t be talking to an empty room. I’m already bribing my friends to try and get them to put in an appearance.
I can guarantee that there will be prizes, raffles, chocolate and other assorted goodies. Remember, DARA meets at the Holiday Inn Express in Richardson, Texas, at 9.30 a.m. on the fourth saturday of the month.
See you there!